- Cloud-based platform boosts dating member sign-ups –
Windsor, UK, 22nd March, 2012 – Global Personals Ltd, the largest privately owned online dating company worldwide, is to fully launch the WhiteLabelDating.com mobile platform in summer 2012. WhiteLabelDating.com provides a platform for brands and individuals to power their own dating sites and will now also offer partners the software and services to take their sites mobile. The launch follows a successful beta period, which saw a 133% increase in the number of members taking up full membership subscriptions.
It is the first mobile consumer-facing platform from Global Personals and will launch with over 550 mobile dating sites. Global Personals’ expansion into the mobile arena follows a successful six months with high profile brands such as Jazz FM, Bauer Media, Real Radio and Jongleurs, as well as entrepreneurs and celebrities including TOWIE star Lauren Pope, launching online dating businesses using the WhiteLabelDating.com platform.
Ross Williams, Co-founder and CEO of Global Personals, comments:
“The rise in popularity of web-enabled mobile devices has created an opportunity for online dating to evolve. This technology will enable our partners to make their sites available to a wider audience across a variety of devices. We are absolutely delighted by the uptake that the beta has generated as members have embraced this new technology, with nearly 25% of new sign-ups across the platform coming directly from a mobile device.”
The WhiteLabelDating.com mobile platform has been built using the Ruby language and draws upon a series of RESTful API services that provide access to member and site data. The system is fully hosted in the cloud enabling the company to easily scale to meet future growth.
Key features include:
- New members can register without pre-sign up from a desktop site;
- A multi-button dashboard allows members to access a variety of sections and undertake many key actions including Messages, Winks, Who’s Viewed Me and Favourites;
- The dynamic member profile view enables you to see the commonly viewed information about a member, with display optimisations depending on how complete the profile is;
- Local member search – using the mobile device’s built in geo-location (GPS) information;
- Advanced search functionality – equal to that of the search capability available to desktop users;
- The ability to upgrade to full membership to get the best experience from the mobile site. Basic members will be prompted to upgrade when attempting to send or read messages;
- Accepts all common debit / credit card types from both Visa and MasterCard, plus Premium SMS and PayPal;
- To ensure the best possible experience for the greatest proportion of users, the mobile platform has been tested with iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone and Symbian along with many other popular mobile devices.
About Global Personals:
Launched in 2003, Global Personals Ltd is the largest privately owned online dating company worldwide. With annualised revenues of over £36 million, the company currently employs over 100 full time staff and owns andoperates its own online dating sites including Singles365.com, DatingAgency.com and JustSingleParents.com, whilst its B2B service, WhiteLabelDating.com, offers a platform for brands and individuals to power their own dating sites that currently includes The Independent, Bauer Media and Plenty More Fish as partners. WhiteLabelDating.com provides the dating software, membership database, payment processing, customer support, hosting infrastructure and much more. You provide your brand, website design and marketing and we do the rest.
Global Personals has received a collection of accolades including fastest growing company in the South East, UK, in the 2011 and 2010 Deloitte Fast 50 and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA, won Digital Business Of The Year 2010, highly ranked in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 (2010, 2011) and the European Media Momentum Top 50, 2011. WhiteLabelDating.com has also won ‘Best Dating Software Provider’ for the last three years at the industry awards, iDate.
Back to press list